Downtown Budapest Walking Tour
Ideal for those who are in Budapest for the first time. Get around in Fabulous Pest.
The downtown is more than just offices and shops. If you walk around in the streets of the 5th district, you can understand how today’s Budapest evolved, who lived and lives here and what the best spot to overlook the city is… Come on our leisurely walk in Budapest city centre to find out more about this intriguing city and enjoy the bitter-sweet, curious stories.
PRICE FROM 125 EUR/2 PERSONS/3 HOURS
One entrance ticket is included in the price
Budapest, especially Pest has never been homogeneous – thinking of the all ethnic groups and the architecture. During the Habsburg times, there were more German-speaking inhabitants living in today’s downtown than Hungarians, let alone other nationalities… Later on the ratio has changed, but all these different eras left their mark on the buildings, too. In one street you can see Classical, Art- Nouveau, Socialist style as well we few modern buildings. BUT buildings are NOT made of stones… they are made of STORIES and formed by PEOPLE.
Sights included (examples)
- St Stephen’s Basilica (interior + dome)
- Andrassy avenue
- Hungarian House of Art Nouveau
Review by one of our happy guests
Szia Dear Zsófi,
We had a lovely and certainly a memorable time in your beautiful city. Thanks to you, we got a very good first impression of the city to our orientation. It was so nice to hear personal views and stories about the places. Also your photos and pictures enlightened many things. It was very informative and you gave us many tips also to do on our own.
- We visited Saint Stephans basilica and went up to the cupola, great views with soft knees :-).
- We visited the Mathias basilica and the Fisherman’s bastion, it was a sunny day and Budapest was looking so fabulous, even the Duna was all blue like they say in the song.
- We visited Cafe Lotz and Alexandra bookshop, fantastic interior decoration.
- We visited the Great Market Hall, it was impressive: so many delicious eating points and billions of hungarian salamis downstairs and so many blouses, scarfs, bags, everything upstairs. We visited Szimpla ruin pub, it was like a fairytale scenery made by a wizard out of old junk. We visited the enormous City Park, they were also preparing an Ice skating track there. We had dinner in the Strudel House, it was very tasty, nice surroundings and nice service. We also made a Danube Dinner cruise in the birthday evening, the food was good, the musicians too and the service very pleasant.
…among many other things and places… We liked all these very much, hard to put any of them first. Your guidance was crucial, without it we would have missed many of these things. We will be back, hopefully in the summer next time. Have an enjoyable Christmas too dear Zsófi, all the best to you and your dearest ones.
Nagyon szépen köszönöm!
Sini & Heikki 25/11/2013 Downtown Walk
The fee includes arrangements, meeting at your accommodation, tailored guiding and one entrance ticket/person.
The fee does not include any food or beverages, day pass or car rental. They are optional, based on your requests.
Prices for private, tailored tours in Budapest:
115-145 EUR/3 hours/ 1-4 person
155-205 EUR/3 hours/ 5-10 persons
For more than 10 persons/group, ask for a tailored quote.
Call +36 20 400 5790 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Book this walking tour
Fill in the form below to book this walking tour. We will get back to you within 12 hours. Also, don’t forget to make your payment in due time.
Make your payment
We request you to pay 20% of the tour fee in advance in case you book a tour more than 2 weeks ahead. In case you have paid 20% in advance and have to cancel the tour, you will get reimbursed if you make a cancellation a week before the tour. If you cancel the tour within a week, we cannot give you a refund. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Pay cash on the spot (up to 10 persons) In case you book the tour within two weeks before arrival. We accept Forint and Euro.
- Pay via PayPal below In case you book the tour for a further date.